4.10 Short Ratio Gear Set for BMW 188 mm Differential (E28, E30, E34, E36, Z3...)
Dispatched Monday, February 25, 2019
Order within 1 h and 26 min.
4.10 Short Ratio Gearset BMW 188 mm
- Short final drive gearset (ring + pinion)
- 4.10 ratio
- Suitable for BMW differentiels in 188 mm (Typ 188)
- Very important increase in performance
- Ideal for heavy duty use : drifting, track racing, rally...
- Made from forged steel
- High quality surface treatments
- Long lifespan
- Compatible with many 6 cylinders BMW : E30, E36, Z3, E23, E24, E28, E34...
- Product condition : new (not used or refurb.)
4.10 Short Ratio Ring and Pinion Set for BMW 188 mm Differential
Quicker, easier, cheaper and with all the benefits of an engine upgrade : the short ratio gear set is, without doubt, the best modification you can make to your vehicle for all kinds of motorsports (trackdays, drifting, grip, rally, etc). The kit includes a 4.10 ratio ring and pinion set, which comes as a direct replacement of the OEM final drive gear set of all BMW 188 mm differentials.
Most BMWs are equipped with rather long final drive ratios. Changing to a short ratio allows for an increase in wheel torque output (compared to a wider ratio in identical conditions). It offers a similar increase in performance to an engine upgrade and/or a weight reduction, allowing your engine to rev quicker, without creating any additionnal mechanical stress or wear.
Specially designed for intensive use, this short ratio gear set is made from forged steel and reinforced with high quality surface treatments (thermal treatments, shot peening...), guaranteeing a long lifespan for use on the track, and excellent resistance under heavy duty and extreme conditions.
This short ratio final drive is compatible with all BMW 188 mm differentials, which are most commonly found on 6 cylinder BMWs until the early 2000s.
- E23 6 cylinders
- E24 6 cylinders
- E28 6 cylinders
- E30 6 cylinders & M3 E30
- E34 6 & 8 cylinders (exc. 540i and M5)
- E36 6 cylinders, inc. M3 3.0L (not M3 3.2L)
- Z3 6 cylinders (inc. Z3 M S50 and S54)
- Notice : not suitable for type "K" 188 mm differentials from BMW E46
- Notice : not suitable for differentials with OEM ratio < 3 (E36 325 tds, 328i)
Not only supporting the development of drifting in France and in Europe, organising events or sponsoring drivers, DriftShop also make it their goal to allow drifters of all levels to easily equip themselves. With great customer service in French and English offering expert technical advice, a huge stock and express delivery times, DriftShop has even developed its own line of products that are excellent value for money.