Innovate 2-in-1 "PowerSafe Boost" Wideband Gauge (PSB-1)
Dispatched Monday, June 27, 2022
Innovate PowerSafe Boost Wideband
- Analyze your AFR
- Shows and controls the boost pressure
- Protect your engine : reduces boost pressure if you're runing lean !
- Wideband sensor + Innovate gauge
- Bosch 4.9 LSU probe
- LED digital display
- 52 mm diameter gauge (interchangeable backgrounds and covers)
- 0-1V and 0-5V outputs
- Compatible with all types of fuel
- Made by Innovate in the USA
- Innovate part no. : 38920
- Express shipping !
Innovate Wideband "PowerSafe Boost" (PSB-1) Specifications
Exclusive functionalities ! The Innovate "PowerSafe Boost" gauge is capable of controlling your boost pressure via the OEM solenoid (or the one from your boost controller). This handy safety feature could potentially save your engine in case of a major mechanical problem : this gauge can reduce boost pressure if required in certain situations (exceeding a boost pressure limit, or if you are running too lean for example).
For set-ups with NOS, this gauge can also cut off the NOS injection in order to protect your engine.
A wideband sensor allows you to determine the air/fuel ratio (AFR) of your engine. It's a critical element that is important to keep an eye on, in order to optimize your engine's performance, while keeping it running smoothly. Running too rich can impact your performances and have consequences on lubrication (allowing unburned fuel to mix with the oil), and running too lean can increase operating temperatures and severely damage your engine's internal components.
This Innovate wideband kit is one of the best available, known for its reliability and reaction speed. It includes a Bosch 4.9LSU probe, and doesn't require any extra calibrating when being installed. The sensor probe is incredibly quick, precise at 0.1:1 AFR, stable and consumes very little energy (low amps). It sends a signal to to the gauge, displaying the information on the digital screen. The 0-5 Volt output from this sensor makes it compatible with most engine management systems. It also has a standard 0-1 Volt "narrowband" output. Lambda reading range from 0.68 to 1.36.
Kit contents :
- 52 mm gauge, with LED backlight
- Bosch 4.9 LSU probe
- Black and grey interchangable gauge cases
- 4 bar MAP sensor (boost pressure)
- Probe insert to be welded to exhaust (M18x1.50)
- Electronic cables and 30A relay, as well as all required accessories for installation (3 m of cable available between the probe and the gauge).
- User instructions
Installation : it is recommended to install the sensor probe at a distance between 70 and 90 cm from the turbo (turbocharged engines) or from the cylinder head (N/A engines). Too close and the probe's lifespan can be reduced, regularly being exposed to high temperatures. Too far and the readings on the gauge will probably be incorrect. In order for the probe to be most efficient, it should be installed at one of the following angles : between 12:30 and 2:30 or between 9:30 and 11:30 on the exhaust.
This Innovate kit is compatible with the following fuels (reading will always be lambda 1 = 14.7) :
- Unleaded fuel
- Leaded fuels (however they may reduce the lifespan of the sensor probe)
- Super ethanol E85
- Standard ethanol
- Nitrous oxide
Some questions ? Contact us for any information about installation on your vehicle !